Sunday, June 03, 2007

Big Brewer Wrap Up (Dodgers, Padres, Braves, & Marlins)

Well lets just say I have been pretty damn busy lately so I have not had time to post on all of the things going on and hopefully if I do not get tired I have 5 new posts today because I know that my fans miss me. haha. Lets start with the Brewers.

We start out in LA where I had expected the Crew to at least get a game from them after having a little momentum going into the series after coming back from the game against the Twinkies. They had a great first game with an awesome game from Rickie Weeks then the next game would have been a win if it wasn't for the one Ben Sheets mistake but it was a quality performance from Mr. Sheets. The last night, we almost saw a scuffle which would have ended with Prince kicking everybody ass on the Dodgers and practically anybody in the MLB. The final night belongs to Brad Penny who dominated the Crew and another series was lost.

I had woke up at 5:30 Friday morning to the beautiful news from the Doug Russell Show, the Messiah- Ryan Braun was up from the minors!!!! I could not wait to see what he would do for the Brewers and I hope he would bring a ton of energy for them. He had a solid start going 3 for 4 but another Dave Bush meltdown cost the Brewers that game. Once again Bush could not get out of a jam which was caused an implosion although it was great to see the Crew fight back. Then on Saturday, there it was The Messiah had a his first big league homer, pure joy right there. Unfortunately, their lead did not last long as Vargas gave up a homer to Jose Cruz Jr. who I did not know was still living which lead to the Brewers losing. Also that night what a surprise when Rickie Weeks has a chance to be clutch, he pops out. Then on Sunday, Jake Peavy dominates the Crew, the end. A sweep by the Padres good thing we don't have to return.

Home Sweet Home, the Brewers return to face off against the Atlanta Braves who had just got swept as well so both teams were looking to find themselves. Monday belonged to Chuck James who mowed down the Brewers with a plethora of strikeouts and the Messiah didn't look so hot with two chances to bring in the runs they needed and he couldn't make it happen. Sheets vs. Smoltz on Tuesday figured to be great but what we all didn't expect was the 15 hits both teams pounded out, Prince had a big homer that led the comeback after Benny gave up 3 runs early then Coco slammed the door after getting a couple runners on. Then on Wednesday, all I hope for was a great Dave Bush start, I got my wish but I guess I should of wish for a great middle relief. They were awful after the Crew gave them a 2-1 lead, Turnbow comes in and walks the park leading to base clearing double by Brian McCann. Brewers lose another series.

The Marlins came into town whose pitching match ups looked in favor for the Brewers. The Crew shooked off the ex-Brewer factor with Wes Obermuller and then Cory Hart who arguably had the best week with Prince Fielder drove in the winning run in the 8th and Coco got yet another save. Friday, once again the Messiah homers and the Brewers get all the timely hitting they have been missing the last part of May, Mench and Graffy with huge days. Saturday, Cappy has a homer and a great performance spoiled by Crapellen who just gave up complete gophers to Uggla and Cabrera. Then Sheets out dueled Willis on Sunday which was great to see because I think Ben Sheets is regaining form and mark my words will have a huge June and July.

Bring on the Cubs!!!!

Later
Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home