Thursday, June 07, 2007

NBA Finals Prediction

I am not going to lie, I really have not given a shit about the NBA because none of the teams had my interest. I am not a big LeBron guy, so I had no reason to watch the East and Spurs who I used to like but since there recent "lets bitch about everything and get our way" its sort of pissed me off. I am still kicking myself that I did not turn on the Lebron's break out game after the Brewers. Cubby IMed me after it "did you watch the cavs game?" I say no and then he informs me of the night that LBJ had, that performance was just completely sick not many can do that.

I am taking the Spurs in 6. The reasons why.... I think that Duncan will be unstoppable down low because after Gooden and Big Z they are really thin on the front line. Duncan will exploit that and become MVP of the Finals. He also is playing very good basketball right now, taking care of any big man that the NBA has chosen to throw at him.

I think that LBJ is the type of player that can give the Spurs fits but I do not think he is going to have a consistent sidekick that will be able to step up for him, night in and night out. If "Booty" Gibson and Gooden come to play like they have done in spurts throughout the playoffs, the Cavs have a shot.

The final thing is experience, this reminds me alot of Shaq's first NBA Finals, they had a team who was very talented (much better than this one) who were playing an extremely seasoned team who basically dismantled them in 4, I do not see that happening because I think Lebron gets 2 in Cleveland but when it matters the most in game 5 even though LBJ did his work then in the Eastern Conf. Finals, those gritty vets will not let it happen. They have too much experience to lose this finals.

Later
Charles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home